I found that the simplicity of the white robes against the darkness of the night really effective and alarming as they weren't good and angelic as the colour traditionally would suggest and it also reminded me of the Ku Klux Klan. The masks are really interesting I would have never thought of creating a mask in that way, it's a really unique idea and organic approach. And now that I've discovered that we are having a masked character in the film this is definitely going to help me along the way. Obviously I still have to have a more in depth talk with Jordan about what he wants the masked character to be like but this is a good starting point and a creative mask idea.
Thursday, 7 November 2013
Inspiration- Kill List Directed by Ben wheatley
This film although a lot more sinister and disturbing than the five minute piece I'm involved in (which still doesn't have a name!!!) has a few scenes that relate to the sacrificial scene in my film. the Art director on this film was none other than my own lecturer Julie Horan. When I watched this piece I could easily see where I could go with this piece. Though I haven't been able to find the exact scene I wanted to show this scene shows all the qualities I hope my film can have.
I found that the simplicity of the white robes against the darkness of the night really effective and alarming as they weren't good and angelic as the colour traditionally would suggest and it also reminded me of the Ku Klux Klan. The masks are really interesting I would have never thought of creating a mask in that way, it's a really unique idea and organic approach. And now that I've discovered that we are having a masked character in the film this is definitely going to help me along the way. Obviously I still have to have a more in depth talk with Jordan about what he wants the masked character to be like but this is a good starting point and a creative mask idea.
I found that the simplicity of the white robes against the darkness of the night really effective and alarming as they weren't good and angelic as the colour traditionally would suggest and it also reminded me of the Ku Klux Klan. The masks are really interesting I would have never thought of creating a mask in that way, it's a really unique idea and organic approach. And now that I've discovered that we are having a masked character in the film this is definitely going to help me along the way. Obviously I still have to have a more in depth talk with Jordan about what he wants the masked character to be like but this is a good starting point and a creative mask idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment