Friday, 8 November 2013

Sacrifice

Wikipedia has this to say about animal sacrifice : 'Animal sacrifice is the ritual killing and offering of an animal to appease or maintain favour with adivine agency. Such forms of sacrifice are practised within many religions around the world and have appeared historically in almost all cultures, including those of the Sumerians,Hebrews, Greeks, Romans, Germanics, Celts,Aztecs, and Mayans.
All or only part of a sacrificial animal may be offered, especially in the context of ritual slaughter.
Remnants of ancient animal sacrifice can also be found in various contemporary practices, thekapparos and shechita of Judaism and ḏabīḥahof Islam, for example.'

I completely agree with the fact that most sacrifices are to maintain favour or appease with a higher entity and sometimes it's to stop something bad from happening and that could possibly be our implied secret within the film. Just a thought as the backstory to the film.

The real main reason I have briefly researched sacrifices is obviously because my film is centred around a sacrifice and I want to have a symbol on the ground around the sacrifice to give it more of a religious or pagan feel to the scene.

On pages 5,6 & 7 of my sketchbook you can see sketches of my trials and formulations of my own symbol along with notes to how I got from where I started to the final design along with a few materials that aided my design process.

No comments:

Post a Comment